F.I.G.S.(Futurist Interest Groups)
FUTUREtakes, organizer and facilitator of the 2006 and 2010 Chapter Activities Sessions in cooperation with the World Future Society*, shares the following resources in anticipation that your Futurist Interest Group (FIG) will find them useful:
From the Chapter Activities Session 2006:
The participatory “CAS2006” showcased three vibrant WFS chapters, enabling them to share the “winning ways” that made their success stories possible. In addition, CAS2006 was an interchapter networking opportunity and a forum for chapters to seek the advice and counsel of other chapters regarding various organizational challenges.
From the Chapter Activities Session 2010:
This motivational presentation provides useful tips for winning volunteer and participant hearts and minds – and commitment – in today’s ”not-enough-hours-in-the-day societies”; hearts and minds that are “must haves” for vibrant organizations. Drawing from organizational case studies and from FUTUREtakes’ own success story, this presentation includes examples of thinking and acting outside-the-box to circumvent obstacles, achieve goals, and inspire confidence. Additional topics:
- Hidden assumptions and common pitfalls that make volunteer organizations dysfunctional
- The importance of bold moves
- Leadership cultivation
- Weak signals – signs of unpleasant things to come
- Organizational visions that get results!
For additional information on ways in which FUTUREtakes can work with your organization, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* DISCLAIMER: FUTUREtakes is independent of, but works in close cooperation with, the World Future Society. The resources and content provided on this page do not represent official statements by, or positions of, the World Future Society or any of its chapters.